State Route 177, 183, 184, 194 and 196 in Colorado
State Route 177 in Colorado
|Get started||Highlands Ranch|
According to act-test-centers.com, State Route 177, commonly known as State Highway 177 or SH 177 is a state route in the U.S. state of Colorado. The road forms a north-south route through southern Denver metropolitan area, between Highlands Ranch and Greenwood Village. SH 177 is 10 kilometers long.
SH 177 at Highland Ranch.
SH 177 is formed by University Boulevard, an urban arterial with mostly two lanes in each direction, although parts are a five-lane road with a center turn lane. The southern starting point is at the junction with SH 470 at Highlands Ranch, the terminus at US 285 in Greenwood Village, a very expensive suburb south of Denver.
One of the original 1920s state highways, SH 177 was originally a longer route in the Denver area, running from Sedalia over University Boulevard to Colfax Avenue. At that time, only part of the route passed through urban areas. In 1936, SH 177 was extended north through York Street to Brighton Boulevard. In 1946, the north end was shortened again to 46th Avenue (US 6/85).
In 1954 the route was further shortened, the northern terminus became Colfax Avenue again, the southern starting point was then County Line Road. In 1960 and 1963, the north end was further shortened to Hampden Avenue. In 1986, the southern section was extended a short distance to the then newly constructed SH 470, which forms the Denver ring road.
SH 177 is used daily by 27,000 to 34,000 vehicles.
State Route 183 in Colorado
|Get started||Highlands Ranch|
State Route 183, commonly known as State Highway 183 or SH 183 is a short state route in the U.S. state of Colorado. The road forms a 1.5 kilometer connection at Fort Lyon in the High Plains.
SH 183 is an extension of County Road 15 in Bent County, between County Road HH and the intersection with US 50.
In the mid 1930s this road became a state highway. The road was paved in 1938, opening up a hospital for veterans. In 2001 it was transformed into a prison. The prison closed in 2011.
200 vehicles use the road every day.
State Route 184 in Colorado
State Route 184, commonly known as State Highway 184 or SH 184 is a state route in the U.S. state of Colorado. The road forms an east-west route in the west of the state, from Lewis to Mancos. SH 184 is 41 kilometers long.
SH 184 forms a secondary link on the south side of the Uncompahgre Plateau, from US 491 at the village of Lewis via Dolores to US 160 at Mancos. The route passes north of the town of Cortez. The road has few height differences.
SH 184 became a state highway in 1939. At the time, SH 184 ran a little further south through the grid on the western part, from Arriola via Lebanon to Dolores and from there to Mancos. In 1954, most of it was transferred to Montezuma County. The road was paved in the early 1970s. In 1978, SH 184 was extended from Dolores to Lewis, creating the current route.
Every day 1,400 vehicles drive between Lewis and Dolores and 2,500 vehicles between Dolores and Mancos.
State Route 194 in Colorado
|Get started||La Junta|
State Route 194, commonly known as State Highway 194 or SH 194 is a state route in the U.S. state of Colorado. The road forms an east-west route across the High Plains, from La Junta to Las Animas. SH 194 is 32 kilometers long.
SH 194 runs parallel to US 50 between La Junta and Las Animas, two regional towns on the Arkansas River. SH 194 begins just north of La Junta on SH 109 and ends north of Las Animas on US 50. There are no other places on the route, but its location on the Arkansas River means there are many farms be in the area.
The road became a state highway in 1939, but it was not until 1947 that the first part west of Las Animas was asphalted. In the period 1950-1957 the rest of the route was asphalted. In 1972 the connection to the US 50 was made grade separated.
Every day, between 600 and 1,000 vehicles use the SH 194.
State Route 196 in Colorado
According to Liuxers, State Route 196, commonly known as State Highway 196 or SH 196, is a state route in the U.S. state of Colorado. The road forms a short link between McClave and Wiley on the High Plains and is 14 kilometers long.
SH 196 begins at an intersection with US 50 and heads two miles north, through the hamlet of McClave, and then veers east. The remainder of SH 196 heads east through agricultural land to US 287 near Wiley.
SH 196 was established in 1939 as a spur from Kornman to May Valley. A second section ran east from Kornman and later south. These routes are slightly more easterly than current SH 196. In 1954, SH 196 was significantly changed to a longer east-west route, from US 50 at McClave via Wiley, past Lamar, via Bristol to Hartman. SH 196 was scrapped east of US 385 in 1970. In 2010, SH 196 east of US 287 at Wiley was also scrapped, leaving the current route.
About 400 vehicles use the SH 196 every day.